The Twitter social media platform offers a great opportunity to build brand awareness and grow your HVAC audience.
Although there is some debate about the effect of Twitter on website traffic, it’s indisputable that this social platform offers great benefits that can increase your marketing ROI. In fact, Twitter marketing can help your HVAC company with:
- Branding: Make no mistake, Twitter is still a thriving social network and a branded profile can help with brand development.
- Presence: Your HVAC company’s presence on major social networks indicates legitimacy and authority, increasing client trust.
- Networking: Connecting with other businesses and accounts is valuable for link opportunities and basic networking.
- Signals: Activity yields social signals which are considered a local ranking factor by Google.
While Twitter isn’t expected to significantly boost your website traffic, it does increase brand awareness, encourage client engagement and present information that is helpful to your customers. The Twitter platform can also help enhance your company’s Google homepage and boost SERP rankings by providing an additional platform and information for your business. Having a presence on the network, especially one that is verified, can contribute to brand development and enhance your HVAC company’s reputation. Call (800) 353-3409 to learn how HVAC Twitter marketing services can help your business.
HVAC Twitter Verification
Accounts considered public interest can receive verification status on Twitter. These accounts display a blue verification check beside their icon. Verification status adds credibility to your social profile. With the lack of website traffic generated from tweets, branding is one of its last remaining benefits for businesses. There are steps that HVAC companies can take to give their profile the best chance of becoming verified. See below:
- Step 1 – Optimize Your Profile: Enter your company name and phone number, upload high-quality logos, and fill out the bio section
- Step 2 – Fill Out Verification Request Form: Complete the verification request form
- Step 3 – Be Active: Schedule regular tweets and shares
- Step 4 – Network: Use hashtags to network with HVAC related accounts
While this step can drastically improve your Twitter marketing efforts, there is no guarantee that your profile will be verified. In fact, the standard for verification has been raised because of rampant abuse of the process. Now, you must present references for your company’s identity on the web. You can’t use your own website as a reference since that should already be linked in your profile. Instead, you must find other sources that mention your company in a positive light, and one in the context of the HVAC industry. The final step in the verification form allows companies to write 500 words about why they should be verified.
What Type of Content Should HVAC Companies Tweet?
HVAC companies should attempt to engage their audience with concise, visual tweets. Statistics show that these types of tweets create a higher rate of interaction from users. In fact, Twitter specifically lays out the type of content that businesses should tweet. Because the network is a real-time feed, millions of tweets are pouring in each minute, making them old news within seconds.
To give yourself the best chance, Twitter recommends these 5 tips for your tweets:
- Concise: Keep your tweets short and to the point, and never try to stuff multiple messages into 140 characters
- Hashtags: Use #hashtags to start and join conversations relating to heating and cooling services
- Questions/Polls: Run polls to engage your audience, which will provide valuable consumer data
- Retweets: Curate the content of like-minded twitter accounts by retweeting posts that your followers would find useful
- Visual: Engage your followers with visual tweets that display graphics, videos, GIFs, etc.
Twitter PPC Options
Like most social media platforms, Twitter offers PPC, or pay-per-click, ads that are marketed to a concise, focused audience for maximum results. These ads are completely customizable and allow advertisers to adjust audiences by both demographic and psychographic variables. Twitter advertising also offers analytics tools to help hone and perfect your HVAC marketing, even during an active campaign. Find out more about the benefits of Twitter PPC advertising by calling the HVAC Webmasters professionals at __PHONE__.
This information might seem overwhelming to HVAC companies who have so many other priorities outside of social media marketing. At HVAC Webmasters, we offer digital marketing services designed to build your online reputation and generate more customer leads. Although Twitter is not the marketing tool that it once was, a presence on the network can still help develop your brand and establish your authority in the industry. For HVAC Twitter marketing services, give us a call at (800) 353-3409.