There is some dissension in the marketing community about whether or not Twitter is worth it in 2018. Statistics indicate that website traffic generated from tweets is virtually non-existent, and therefore allocating any resources to the social platform is a waste of time. Others argue that the platform can still create real-time conversions when properly utilized. At HVAC Webmasters, we focus on the following aspects of Twitter marketing:
- Branding: Make no mistake, Twitter is still a thriving social network and a branded profile can help development
- Presence: Your HVAC company’s presence on major social networks indicates legitimacy
- Networking: Connecting with other businesses and accounts is still valuable
- Signals: Activity yields social signals which are considered a Local Ranking Factor
From our standpoint, Twitter is not the marketing tool that it once was. With that said, abandoning it all together is not the solution. Although website traffic is highly unlikely to be generated via tweets, the social platform still provides indirect ways of increasing search visibility. As one of the giants in the social media industry, it still holds authority on the web. Having a presence on the network, especially one that is verified, can contribute to brand development and enhance your HVAC company’s reputation. Call (800) 353-3409 for HVAC Twitter marketing services.
HVAC Twitter Verification
Accounts considered public interest can receive verification status on Twitter. These accounts display a blue verification check beside their icon. Needles to say, verification status adds credibility to your social profile. With the lack of website traffic generated from tweets, branding is one of its last remaining benefits for businesses. There are steps that HVAC companies can take to give their profile the best chance of becoming verified. See below:
- Step 1 – Optimize Your Profile: Enter company name and phone number, upload high quality logos, and fill out the bio section
- Step 2 – Fill Out Verification Request Form: Complete the verification request form
- Step 3 – Be Active: Schedule regular tweets and shares
- Step 4 – Network: Use hashtags to network with HVAC related accounts
There is no guarantee that your profile will be verified. In fact, the standard for verification has been raised because of rampant abuse of the process. Now, you must present references of your company’s identity on the web. You can’t use your own website as a reference, since that should already be linked in your profile. Instead, you must find other sources that mention your company in a positive light, and one in the context of the HVAC industry. The final step in the verification form allows company’s to write 500 words about why they should be verified.
What Type of Content Should HVAC Companies Tweet?
HVAC companies should attempt to engage their audience with concise, visual tweets. Statistics show that these types of tweets create a higher rate of interaction from users. In fact, Twitter specifically lays out the type of content that business should tweet. We cannot stress enough the lack of website traffic that is generated via tweets. Because the network is a real time feed, millions of tweets are pouring in each minute, making them old news within seconds. To give yourself the best chance, Twitter recommends the following qualities for your tweets:
- Concise: Keep your tweets short and to the point, and never try to stuff multiple messages into 140 characters
- Hashtags: Use #hashtags to start and join conversations relating to heating and cooling services
- Questions/Polls: Run polls to engage your audience, which will provide valuable consumer data
- Retweets: Curate the content of like-minded twitter accounts by retweeting posts that your followers would find useful
- Visual: Engage your followers with visual tweets that display graphics, videos, GIFs, etc.
This information might seem overwhelming to HVAC companies who have so many other priorities outside of social media marketing. At HVAC Webmasters, we offer internet marketing services designed to build your online reputation and generate more customer leads. Although Twitter is not the marketing tool that it once was, a presence on the network can still help develop your brand and establish your authority in the industry. For HVAC Twitter marketing services, give us a call at (800) 353-3409.