Running a blog while managing service jobs is a tall task. How do you find things to write about? How do you find the time to write about it? In our time working with HVAC contractors, we’ve noticed there is a great demand for blog topics. Before we detail our 5 topic ideas, we should first explain the elements of a good blog post:
- Authority Links: Outbound links to authority sites in your industry can increase your blog post’s SEO
- Call to Action: Every great blog post is encouraging the reader to take some sort of action, whether it be a phone call to the office, or something as simple as a thought exercise
- Content: You can dress up a blog post with links, images, and headlines, but if the content is not relevant, unique, and informative, it will be a waste of effort
- Headline: Blog posts should have an engaging title, one that is short and to the point, but relevant and poignant
- Image Placement: All blog posts should be equipped with at least one high quality image
- Shareability: Well written blog posts can serve as great social media content
HVAC Contractors looking to post blogs regularly should ensure each of them possesses these qualities. Blogs serve as content circulations for websites. They also help you rank for HVAC keywords you haven’t targeted yet in your service pages. When Google crawls your blog post, they are notified of new content on your website, increasing its relevance, and sustaining its position. In contrast, an unoccupied blog serves no purpose for HVAC marketing.
Generating HVAC Blog Topics
Now that you know what goes into a good blog post, you must find topics to write about. Our experience marketing HVAC contractors has given us some good ideas about blog posts that engage readers and create interest in services. Here are a list of 5 HVAC blog topics:
- 3 Advantages of Preventative A/C Maintenance
- 4 Ways To Reduce Home Allergens
- 5 A/C Tips For Summer
- Best Heating Units For Energy Efficiency
- Choosing the Right HVAC Contractor
These topics can give you a head start on your new blog. They can also give you an idea about the length of blog post titles, and how they should be written. For example, blog post titles should be no more than 6 words. Additionally, posts that contain bullet lists or numbers tend to be more engaging to the reader. For HVAC blogging services, give us a call at (800) 353-3409.