When it comes to creating a functional HVAC SEO plan, many heating and cooling professionals settle for piecemeal strategies. Today, Nolen and Jason discuss why SEO is so often an all-or-nothing venture. Cohesive effort makes for lasting results. If your HVAC business struggles with creating traffic online or converting clicks into leads, be sure to listen closely!
Key Points to Listen For:
- SEO for HVAC requires consistent updates and fresh content.
- HVAC SEO is a wholistic effort. Piecemeal plans fall flat.
- Geotagged Reviews and Check-ins create fantastic growth potential.
- SEO Solutions only work when they get used consistently.
Lining Up Your HVAC SEO Ducks
True or false: website content lasts forever. While old adages may suggest that whatever content you post online lasts forever, don’t listen to them. Your content may last as long as your domain does, but it could lose its potency long before then. In reality, websites need to to faithfully make SEO updates if they wish to keep ranking on the front page of Google Search results.
- “That’s okay. We post to our company blog every month. We’re fine!”
- “But My HVAC company earns reviews for every job we complete.”
- “When our site was created, we used a lot of hot keywords.”
- “Our social media presence will keep us going indefinitely.”
- “We’re enjoying fantastic success. We don’t need to make updates!”
At the HVAC Webmasters, we’ve heard all of these responses (and more). It comes from the mindset that one single element of SEO can carry the rest without any extra effort. Unfortunately, not even the most sophisticated blog, reviews platform, keyword strategy, or social media campaign can create lasting HVAC SEO success by itself. It takes a little bit of everything to preserve your rankings, especially for those ranking #1 in Google Search!
Your Key HVAC SEO Ingredients
The big list of SEO to-do’s is one we recite pretty often at HVAC Webmasters. If you’ve listened to our podcasts before, you’ll know that we’re very found of reviewing the basics of search engine optimization. What does it take for a heating and cooling professional to be successful online?
- Custom Website Development
- Fresh Coding
- Keyword-rich Pages
- Reviews (from a variety of sources)
- Google My Business Listings
- Social Media Presence
Remember, all of these activities contribute towards your overall online marketing success. There’s a natural order to these, which we’ll touch on later. The key is to create a cohesive plan for all these elements to work in harmony. That’s why HVAC contractors who rely on multiple vendors for their SEO updates so often experience muddied results.
HVAC SEO – A Winning Strategy
So how can you put together a functional SEO strategy and make it easier for your business to consistently rank for those hot keywords? As we mentioned earlier, there’s a natural order for optimization.
How to Order Your SEO Elements
- 1. Complete a Google My Business listing.
- 2. Develop a custom website (with coding and keyword-rich content).
- 3. Get listed on multiple citation sources: BBB, Angie’s List, etc.
- 4. Start asking for reviews after jobs.
- 5. Blog at least once a month.
- 6. Cultivate your social media presence.
There are many activities you can use to showcase your brand and earn new business, but these are the most essential.
How to Keep SEO Updates Simple
Setting up all these elements (or paying someone to do it for you) may require a significant investment on your company’s part. Even after completing all the initial setup, there’s still the matter of SEO updates. As Jason puts it in our podcast, picture your website as a physical storefront. If your lights are out, people will think you’re closed.
Google examines hundreds, maybe even thousands of data points to judge whether or not a company is dependable enough to refer users to. If your HVAC company creates a fresh website and leaves it alone for months on end, Google sees a storefront with the lights out. It subsequently lowers your company’s rank in local search. One-off activities like blogging may slow the descent, but not even that will preserve your rankings for long.
So what can your business do to streamline SEO updates and keep your site as visible as possible to both Google and potential customers?
- 1. Review your homepage and service pages every quarter. Update as needed.
- 2. Write down FAQs from clients and make blog posts each month.
- 3. Make sure your Google My Business account stays up to date.
- 4. Give “Review Us” cards after each job, or try Righteous Reviews.
- 5. Take pictures before and after important jobs. Post to Facebook.
Team Up With the Webmasters!
If you want to make your online marketing and SEO updates as easy as possible, team up with the HVAC Webmasters. Our seasoned team of graphic designers, programmers, content writers, SEO strategists, and social media pros support hundreds of contractors around the United States. We’d love to serve you too!
Call and get a free consultation from a seasoned expert at (800) 353-3409.
Resources for Additional Information
From Prior Podcasts and Articles
– Streamlining SEO for HVAC Contractors (Article)
– Does Your HVAC Website Convert? (Podcast)
– Can They Optimize Your Site? (Podcast)
– Organic SEO is a 24/7 Employee (Podcast)