HVAC companies can get free stock photos from various royalty-free photo websites or create AI-generated images using Canva’s Text to Image app.
Do you have access to a modern smartphone or camera? Are you managing your website on your own, or is it the job of your marketing company? Answering these questions will inform you how on how to get free photos. For now, check out these tips for generating free HVAC images for your company website:
Take Photos With a Smartphone or Camera
Websites with original content offer more value to the reader and are looked upon with higher regard by search engines. Many contractors mistakenly believe that content is text only when it expands to images, videos, and other forms of visual media. In any case, taking original photos creates original content, which is the best option for contractors. Take photos of the following:
- Company Vehicle: Capture your company truck, perhaps with a wrap, via a smartphone camera
- Employees: Have a staff of 2 or more? Take individual photos of them, as well as group pictures.
- Heating or Cooling Repairs: Have someone snap photos of you on the job
- Satisfied Customers: Ask a happy customer if they’ll pose for a picture with you
Unique photos of a personal nature that also reflect your company’s values and expertise are the best photos for an HVAC website. For example, this HVAC image shows the owner’s military background.
Generate Original Images Using AI
The AI revolution has sparked new ways to create free HVAC images in 2023. Tools like Midjourney and Stabble Diffusion present options for generating unique images related to the HVAC industry. However, you should be aware that the legality of AI-generated images remains relatively murky until we learn more.
Still, if you’re looking for a convenient method to generate AI-driven images, consider using Canva’s Text to Image app. You can use this tool for free when you sign up for a free Canva account. Of course, AI tools still have limitations, so avoid generating images with people in them. Instead, focus on equipment.
AI can now produce images that look realistic when compared to stock photos. However, this only occurs for image prompts that DO NOT include people. The tool is much better at generating images of AC units, for example.
Download Stock Photos From The Internet
If you don’t have access to a smartphone or camera, downloading royalty-free stock photos from the internet is the next best option. While this is far from an ideal solution, since these photos are used on multiple websites, it is better than having no visual content at all. Websites like pixabay.com offer free stock photos. Another alternative is selecting “labeled for free-use” under “Tools — Usage Rights” on Google image search, which will produce usable files. Stock photos should be:
- Appealing: Appear realistic rather than humorous or fantastical
- Diverse: A variety of files, never used more than once on your website
- Relevant: Relate to the HVAC industry and the page topic specifically
- Web-Ready: In an optimal file format
You can find free HVAC images on pixabay.com and other royalty-free image websites. Remember, stock images don’t help conversions as unique photos do.
Optimize Your Photos For Web Use
Whether you take original photos or download stock images online, you’ll need to optimize them for web use. With images captured via smartphone, you can use Dropbox or email to upload the files to the internet, at which point you can access them on your computer and make the necessary changes.
Modern cameras usually come with a USB cord to upload photos onto your PC or Mac, while stock images downloaded from the internet are already on your hard drive. Once you have the files on your computer, follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Compression: Compress images with tools like Optimizilla or JPEG Optimizer
- Step 2 – File Name: Make a copy of your image file and rename it with lowercase letters (i.e., ac-repair-job.jpg)
- Step 3 – File Type: Save your image as a JPEG, JPG, or PNG file
- Step 4 – Upload: Using a content management system like WordPress, upload the photo to your library
- Step 5 – SEO: After placing the image on your page, enter relevant ALT Text for SEO purposes
Help With HVAC Images Optimization
HVAC Webmasters can help you through the process. We offer photo optimization for HVAC companies as part of our website design services. First, we’ll fill your website with relevant images, either from your archive of original company photos or with relevant stock photos downloaded from the web. Then, we optimize each of your photographs for SEO purposes and keep your website running as fast as possible.
Competing for HVAC leads in today’s market can be overwhelming. Websites constantly try to outdo one another with the latest trends or techniques. Invest in SEO services from HVAC Webmasters for a process you can trust. In addition, we offer several month-to-month (MTM) plans, giving contractors their choice of payment options. With MTM, you pay a fixed price at the end of each month and avoid long-term contracts.