As far back as 2015, more users searched the internet on mobile devices than they do on desktops. In response to the increase, Google updated their algorithm to account for the newfound mobile search phenomenon. Mobile design is now imperative to the success of your HVAC company website. Your mobile website should possess the following qualities:
- Clean Navigation
- Embedded Phone Number Link
- Responsive Web Design
- Visible Address and Location
By equipping your website with these elements, you are optimizing it to rank on Google search results, especially from local searches. With mobile users constantly on the move, they want access to information quickly. Responsive design and easy navigation helps connect you with customers at their fingertips.
Do HVAC Contractors Need Mobile Design?
It is no longer a luxury to present a mobile friendly website, it is now a requirement. HVAC contractors need to embrace the mobile revolution ASAP. If you are unsure if your website is mobile friendly, test it on a mobile device. Look for the following warning signs of a website not optimized for mobile devices:
- Embedded Flash Content: Users can’t access flash on their mobile device
- Illegible Font: Your font should adjust to the mobile device, and be easily legible
- Interstitial Ads: Your site should never display advertisements that take up the entire mobile screen
- Unbalanced Viewport: If you need to scroll horizontally to view parts of the content, your website is not optimized for mobile devices
- Undersized Tap Targets: Every clickable portion of your mobile website should be accessible with one finger, if it’s too small to click, your site is not mobile friendly
If any of these elements appear on your website, it is time to start a redesign for mobile devices. With so much of your success hinging on the usability of your mobile website, you can not afford to keep a desktop only website active for much longer. Not only will Google devalue your website because of poor user experience, but those who do reach it are highly unlikely to be converted into customer leads.
Mobile SEO for HVAC Companies
Mobile search engine optimization is what separates successful local HVAC companies from those trending towards bankruptcy. Studies predict that local business transactions originating on mobile devices will only continue to increase moving forward. Some of the components that make up strong mobile SEO include:
- Local Optimization: Remember local and mobile go hand and hand, so make sure your contact information is visible and accurate
- Page Speed: Google prioritizes user experience when ranking websites, so make sure your mobile version is fast
- Rich Snippets: Structured data is even more important for mobile SEO because of the smaller screen size
As you can see, mobile design and mobile SEO correlate to one another. It’s really not possible to have good mobile SEO without good mobile design, and vice versa. At HVAC webmasters, we design all our websites for optimal mobile display. We understand that HVAC companies thrive off of local lead generation and we do everything possible to generate them. To discuss HVAC mobile design services, give us a call at (800) 353-3409