What Are HVAC AMP’s?
HVAC Accelerated Mobile Pages, or AMPs, are mobile web pages designed within a defined group of code parameters that ensure faster loading times, and a superior user experience. The parameters are part of a larger initiative started by Google to account for a growing mobile user base. The criteria instructs web designers to “strip down” their HTML so that their pages can load more quickly. The result is less code, more speed, and a superior user experience. Google AMP’s are designed to contribute to the following:
- Engagement: The level of engagement shown by site visitors
- Flexibility: The parameters leave room for designers to work
- Performance: The overall performance of your mobile website
- Results: A faster site, with more satisfied users
If you have ever browsed the web on a mobile device and come across a website that has text too large, images to wide, and takes forever to load, you understand the frustration of a dissatisfied user. If Google, and others, can move us closer to a faster and more efficient mobile web space, who are we to not take advantage? HVAC Webmasters incorporates Google AMP’s into parts of our client websites, so that they can appeal to more users, and satisfy the criteria of the most popular search engine in the world. For HVAC Accelerated Mobile Pages, give us a call at (800) 353-3409.
Downside of AMP for HVAC Contractors
- Content Limitations: Your content will be very minimalistic as certain elements are banned
- Shareability Decrease: Less elements means less users are excited about sharing
- Tracking Problems: It can be difficult to efficiently track AMP access
- Website Parody: How will users distinguish your website from others?
AMP and SEO
How will AMP’s impact SEO? They are not considered to be an official ranking factor. With that said, Google has long prioritized websites that cater to mobile users. While Accelerated Mobile Pages may not have the SEO impact that people once thought, they will still contribute to user experience, which by definition, will influence search engine results. An additional factor is the relative scarcity of AMP’s around the web. Many companies still don’t know what it is or how to use it, which makes its SEO impact somewhat of a mystery.
It has been more than 2 years since Google released its mobile friendly update, which at the time was referred to as Mobilegeddon. This term referenced the death of websites that failed to present user friendly mobile pages. Fast forward to 2018, and rankings have continued to favor sites with fast loading mobile pages. HVAC Webmasters can help yours become one of those websites. For HVAC Accelerated Mobile Pages, call us at (800) 353-3409.