Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs), are mobile web pages designed within a defined group of coding parameters which ensure faster-loading speed and superior user experience. The parameters are part of a larger initiative started by Google and other search engines to account for the growing number of mobile users. The criteria mandate a “stripped-down” form of HTML so that pages are free from obtrusive elements that bog down site speed. AMP’s can improve:
- Engagement: The level of engagement shown by site visitors
- Flexibility: The parameters leave room for designers to work
- Performance: The overall performance of your mobile website
- Results: A faster site, with more satisfied users
The mobile experience varies drastically with every website. Illegible text, obtrusive images, and slow loading pages are all factors that inspire user dissatisfaction and can hurt SERP rankings. Since Google has taken steps to facilitate faster and more efficient mobile pages, it is incumbent on us to take advantage. HVAC Webmasters incorporates Google AMPs as part of our website design services, which are included in your choice of basic marketing plans.
Call (800) 353-3409 to incorporate Accelerated Mobile Pages on your HVAC website.
The Downside of AMP for HVAC Contractors
- Content Limitations: Your content will be very minimalistic as certain elements are banned
- Shareability Decrease: Fewer elements means fewer users are excited about sharing
- Tracking Problems: It can be difficult to efficiently track AMP access
- Website Parody: How will users distinguish your website from others?
AMP and SEO
AMP is not considered an official Google ranking factor. Still, Google has always prioritized user experience and load times, and this initiative is designed precisely to enhance it. By decreasing bounce rates and increasing engagement, signals inspired from AMP pages can positively influence search visibility. Finding a balance between SEO and CRO is the challenge of every website, and one HVAC Webmasters can assist contractors with.
It’s been several years since Google released its mobile-friendly algorithm update, which many in the industry coined as “Mobilegeddon”. The idea was that websites without mobile-friendly pages would be rendered essentially useless. The prediction was mostly true, as sites with a mobile-friendly design now routinely outperform those without it. HVAC Webmasters offers mobile web design with each of our marketing plans to ensure you find the best service package for your needs.
Call (800) 353-3409 to learn more about accelerated mobile pages and how they can improve your HVAC site.