Facebook Business Pages are not the marketing tool they once were. Thanks to Facebook’s latest algorithm update which sparks their initiative of Bringing People Closer Together, Business Pages will see a significant decrease in organic reach. HVAC contractors are probably wondering how this impacts their social media presence, and HVAC Webmasters has the answers. We’ve adapted our marketing strategy in the following ways:
- Boosting Advertising Budgets: With organic reach decreasing, ad space has become more valuable
- Content Quality over Quantity: With Google prioritizing “meaningful interactions” content standards should be raised
- Encouraging “See First” Setting: Loyal customers can set the “see first” option for your Business Page so they can continue viewing regular updates
- Incorporating Facebook Live: Live video is the freshest and most effective form of customer engagement on the new Facebook
Any HVAC company not adjusting to the latest algorithms will be wasting resources with antiquated techniques. As is the case with search engine optimization, the way we interact with social media platforms will constantly evolve. Facebook’s decision to return its focus to the concept of friends and family is not something we can argue with. Smart companies will re-allocate their resources to compensate for this shift. To learn more about HVAC Facebook marketing in 2018, give us a call at (800) 353-3409.
The Benefits of Facebook for HVAC Contractors
Data from Moz suggests that social media signals are one of the top factors for search engine rankings. It is uncertain how the latest algorithm update will affect that data but it makes sense for HVAC companies to continue to maintain their FB Business Page, even if it is no longer a great source to share content. At the very least, your page will serve as a quality backlink and a potential doorway page to your main website. In 2018, HVAC contractors should consider Facebook for:
- Citation Sources: Facebook is a trusted citation source for business listings
- Review Sources: Local business reviews are still very much a part of Facebook
- Social Networking: Just because your posts wont reach the scope of audience doesn’t mean you can’t continue to interact with local customers
With the platform now focused on meaningful interactions, our priority at HVAC Webmasters is to promote those interactions for our clients. We refrain from spam, scraped content, clickbait, and other manipulative tactics that the latest algorithm strongly discourages. Instead, we share engaging, valuable content, and have worthwhile interactions with current and future customers. We also contentiously monitor trends in user behavior using Facebook Insights, so that we can make informed decisions on how to best promote your brand.
How HVAC Companies Should Optimize Their Facebook Page
Even with the drop off in organic reach for Business Pages, Facebook will still serve as an important “direct match” landing page. In other words, when local customers search for your business name on Google, your optimized Facebook page should be one of the higher results. Facebook has a MOZ domain authority of 100, making it one of the most trusted domains on the internet. With that in mind, optimizing your Business Page for these “direct match” searches is highly recommended. We optimize pages through the following:
- About (Story): The “story” section on your “about” page should be optimized with keywords you wish to rank for
- Contact Info: Like other citation sources, your Facebook contact information must be 100% accurate
- Header / Logo: Keep your header image and logo updated with high resolution photos that meet the standard dimensions
- URL: Don’t use Facebook’s default URL for your business page, create a custom one containing your HVAC company name
While the changes to Facebook in 2018 might prompt HVAC companies to redistribute all of their resources towards Instagram and Twitter, intelligent businesses will still maintain a well optimized Facebook page. Despite the loss in organic reach, the platform can still contribute authority to your company and its brand. Keeping track of social media evolution can be overwhelming, especially when you’re running a full time HVAC company. The good news is you can rely on HVAC Webmasters for all of your social media needs. Call (800) 353-3409 for HVAC Facebook marketing services.