Marketing in 2018 is not what it was in 2008, and certainly not what it was in 1998. In the past 20 years, consumers have gotten more sophisticated and their buying habits have changed considerably. HVAC companies must adapt to their consumer base and facilitate their purchases. The once popular mediums of television ads and cold calling are now obsolete and have been replaced with inbound marketing strategies. Some of them include:
- Content Marketing: Producing well written content that engages and informs the user
- Organic SEO: Optimizing your website design, URL structure, Title/Meta tags, images — and implementing appropriate keywords within your content (no stuffing)
- Off Site SEO: Ensuring consistency with online listings, and generating and responding to reviews
- Social Media Marketing: Creating a social media presence on networks like Facebook & Twitter
The magic of inbound marketing rests on the consumers belief that they found your services on their own (which they did), and are therefore are more likely to complete a call to action. In today’s market people are extremely weary of being coerced into purchase decisions, which is why any type of intrusive marketing can dissuade potential customers from showing more interest in your HVAC services. Call (800) 353-3409 for inbound marketing.
Inbound vs Outbound Marketing For HVAC Contractors
Companies stuck in the past likely have decades of outbound marketing habits to break. The first step is admitting they must be broken. To succeed in the digital marketplace, inbound marketing is by far the most efficient option. Outbound marketing, in contrast, refers to traditional means of customer acquisition. Although it is familiar to many heating and cooling companies, that familiarity does not coincide with effectiveness. Examples of outbound marketing include:
- Email Blasts: If you ever get those annoying spam-like emails, that’s what these are
- Print Ads: Newspaper advertisements in local papers
- Telemarketing: Also known as cold-calling, this method has always been controversial, but now even more so
- TV/Radio Ads: Local TV spots are not seen as often (people are on YouTube/Roku/etc.)
While these ads were once money makers for thousands of companies, their success rate has declined with each passing year. Another factor working against outbound marketing is its cost. Outbound marketing is far more expensive than inbound. Furthermore, HubSpot reports that only 29% of people want to consult with a salesperson before making a purchase, while 62% will consult with a search engine. All the numbers favor inbound marketing.
The #1 Company For Inbound Marketing
HVAC Webmasters can help you start the inbound marketing process today. Don’t place your trust in a generic marketing company when you can partner with a team that specializes in the heating and cooling industry. We know what your target audience responds to, and have years of data to support our methods. We are constantly looking to improve, so that we always stay ahead of the marketing curve. We are happy to answer any questions you have about the HVAC marketing process.
Many marketing companies lock their clients into long-term contractors. We are NOT one of them. We offer month-to-month agreements so that you can constantly evaluate our performance and never feel trapped. At HVAC Webmasters, we are supremely confident in our services and that is why we are comfortable with short term agreements. We know you’ll never want to leave. To learn more about inbound marketing services, or to get started today, give us a call at (800) 353-3409.